To minimize environmental impact, the renovation of 71 Garfield used a combination of adaptive reuse, salvaged architectural materials and recycled much of the project construction waste.
In addition, 71 Garfield was designed to achieve day-to day energy reduction below 50% of current ASHRAE standards. This was accomplished through the installation of the following energy systems:
- A white reflective roof
- Solar power to provide a minimum of 20% of the building’s electric draw
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Integration of natural light, LED lighting and, lightingsensors in public spaces
- Energy efficient appliances, insulation, and windows
- A rooftop water collection system that utilizes a 3,000 gallon cistern
Also, 71 Garfield and the Sugar Hill Arts District will soon be encompassed by the Midtown Loop Greenway and is a short walk from Woodward Avenue.
To learn more about 71 Garfield call Angelina at 313.831.5100
Check back soon for pricing and floor plans!